Balloon Flights & Tethers
Tethered Rides are offered on the Alabama Jubileee schedule as part of our Sunday evening operations. There are, however, usually balloons that will offer them at the pilots diescretion Saturday.
Tethered rides are free but first-come-first-serve.
Tips for Tethered Rides:
- Lines for the rides can be long so arrive early and be prepared to wait.
- Minors (under 18) are not allowed in the balloons unless accopanied by a parent or guardian whom can give consent on a waiver of liability which are required by our insurance.
- Most pilots will not fly a child under the age of three (3) since the loud noise can damage their hearing.
- Balloons are aircraft, not fair rides. Many will run-out of fuel after one or two hours and be forced to put-down. If weather conditions change they may also have to put-down. We are sorry that not everyone will get a tether but pilots and crews must put safety first.
- There is no smoking on the launch field. Balloon fuel is highly flamable liquid propane.
- Be mindful of tie-down ropes. Do not cross these unless you are told to do-so.
- Do not touch the balloon equipment unless directed to.
- Balloons do have weight and capacity limits. Large groups will be asked to split-up.
Paid Balloon Flights
The Alabama Jubilee does not offer paid rides at our event.
You are, however allowed to purchase paid rides from individual pilots for other times and places. If you wish to do-so we can direct you to some pilots that would be happy to accmodate you.
In addtioan you can visit www.heartofdixieballoonclub.com and see the ride-locator that can direct you to a local pilots that offer ride services.