Admission & Parking | Tips | Vendors | Kids Activities | Arts & Crafts | Entertainment | Lodging | Tractor Show | Bike Show
Admission & Parking
Thanks to our generous and loyal sponsors admission & parking for the Alabama Jubilee are free!
Parking & Handicap Facilities
- Regular event parking at all Point Mallard Park parking lots and marked remote lots is free.
- Handicap parking at all lots is open to all tagged vehicles.
- Additional 'temporary' handicap parking is added for this event at the baseball fields lot near the launch field.
- Drop-offs are also allowed in the baseball field lot adjacent to the launch field.
- An accessible viewing area is provided at what is normally the driving range covered tee area which has a wheelchair accessible sidewalk and concrete platforms.
- We also have handicap portable toilets throughout he field and the regular, accessible, park restrooms are open to the public.
- Shuttled Remote Parking - Spectators may park their cars and ride a Decatur Church of Christ van onto and off the Alabama Jubilee field for a cost of $2 per trip. The service is available 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Cars can be parked at the entrance of GE Appliances, a Division of Haier, plant and Wolverine Park. Decatur Church of Christ members are generously offering their transport vehicles and time to drive guests to the Alabama Jubilee field and back at a cost of $2 per person, per trip. Proceeds will be used to further church missions. This service is offered first come, first served, and is ONLY AVAILABLE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Vans will run every 20 minutes or so.
If you come by boat via Flint Creek, please keep safe by observing the 'safe zone' around the area where fireworks will be launched Sunday evening.
Event Map Watercraft Safe Zone
Tips for your Trip
As with many public events a few general tips can help you get the most out of you visit to the Alabama Jubilee:
Balloons fly early in the morning and late afternoon. Mornings are at 6:00a.m.; Afternoon 6 ~ 7:30p.m.
Tethered rides are limited and require a signed waiver of liability. Children under 19 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Many pilots will not tether children three and under. The loud burner noise can damage their ears.
Paid flights are not sold during the Jubilee. If you would like to purchase a ride for another time there are many pilots that sell them; please visit The Heart of Dixie Balloon Club for more information.
Dress appropriately, wear sunscreen, and stay hydrated.
Smoking is not allowed on the launch field.
Dogs and other pets are discouraged since the loud noises and fire can frighten them. If you do bring them they must be leashed and bagged after.
The Alabama Jubilee is a 'No Drone Zone'. Unless you have a waiver attached to ours from the FAA you may NOT operate a drone on our field during the Alabama Jubilee's FAA waiver flight times. Even if you are a licensed drone pilot.
A few activities to get your kids in the mood for the Alabama Jubilee... and maybe get you two minutes of silence.
The Alabama Jubilee features live acts and shows and many local and regional bands have played some of their first shows on our stage. Veterans are honored during an onstage ceremony and live radio acts ham it up!
Our schedule is constantly updating so check back often to find out the latest!
Below is a map of many of our local hotels and campgrounds, however a more comprehensive list can be found at the website for the Decatur Morgan County Convention and Visitors Bureau .
View Places to Stay in a larger map
- Smoking is not permitted on the launch field due to use of propane.
- Dogs and other pets are welcome but discouraged. They can be frightened by the balloon burners. They must be leashed and bagged after.
- Lawn chairs, wagons, and small picnic items are allowed. Please keep your setup at the edges of the field.
- Tailgating tents or 'pop tents' must be kept along the tree-line. Small umbrellas and shading devices are acceptable away from the balloon launch zones.
- No unauthorized vehicles are allowed on the field INCLUDING golf-carts that are not used by Jubilee officals.
- You must move your items if requested by a Pilot for balloon safety and setup.
- Keep clear and do not walk over any tether lines or tie-offs.
- Do not touch or walk over the balloons while on the field.
- Tethered rides require a signed waiver of lability. Children 19 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You are allowed to bring food and beverages into the park. Please dispose of all trash in a trash can.
- The Alabama Jubilee is a 'No Drone Zone'. You may NOT operate a drone on the field during the balloon event times; even if you are a licensed drone pilot.
Food & Merchandise Vendors
Visit our many vendors along the main Alabama Jubilee midway!
- Chicken Salad Chick
- D & B Funnel Cakes
- Dippin' Dots
- E&M Concessions
- Kona Ice
- The Loaded Tea Junkies
- Merle's Lemonade
- Old Fashion Floats
- Pop's BBQ
- Q&A Concessions
- Shiver Shave Ice
- Sweets by Jordan
- Texas Roadhouse (Super Sponsor)
- Alabama Teen Challange
- Bungie Jump by Happenings
- All Needz Inflatables and Games
- Body Pizzazz Face Painting
- Center Shots
- Decatur Baptist Church Kid Zone
- All Terrain Trains
- Crafts from the HolyLand
- Five Point Knives
- Kat & Eddi's Balloon-tique
- Knox Woodwork
- Madison Outdoor Loft
- Plum Cotton Apparel
- Seal Smart
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Fortenberry Honey & BBQ Sauce
- Everything Must Glow
- Vicki Fogue with Crazy Car
Arts & Crafts
Visitors are invited to visit the Arts and Crafts show put on by the Decatur Art Guild near and inside the old ice-rink / pavilion.
There are lots of interesting treasures to be found from traditional wall-art, to yard-art, custom knives, and trinkets of all kids its sure to excite and delight!
If you would like to be a showing artist please contact the Decatur Art Guild.
Come and see the classic cars at the Alabama Jubilee Auto Expo. Marvel over custom restorations, original vintage autos, kit cars and more.
If you own a classic car, you too can participate show up early between 8:00am and 12:00pm to enter your car. There is a $20.00 entry fee and all proceeds support local automotive students. Prizes are awarded at 12:30pm!
For more information contact: Donald Allen @ 256-227-4681 or Joe Betterton @ 502-821-8727
Each year the Southland Flywheelers host a Tractor Show by the T.C. Almon Recreation Center. The show features the best restored and maintained tractors in the southeast. Come and see the tractors on display and the roaring power of the demonstrations!